Be positive

After listening to the audiobook - The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, which I've mentioned in my other blog, I then keep on telling or reminding myself to think positively, have happy thoughts and look at the good side of things, focus on the positive side of other people, and just be happy.
So all the while I was right, the news today contains all sad or negative news and I sometimes resist in reading them. A bad habit maybe for a librarian but still, whenever I read news, I tried to scan through first and try to ignore those negative news such as murder, accident, rape, poverty etc. And start reading those humour comic!
There are some questions being pondered in the audiobook. One that catches my ears is: Do what you love, If you don't know what brings you joy, ask: "What is my joy". As you commit to your joy, you'll attract an average joyful things, because you are radiating joy." I hope I hear it clearly.

On another account, I went to "Four Season" in Asia City Complex for lunch with hubby today. Being adventurous, we just walked in after seeing that there are some crowds in there. Surprisingly their respond in getting our order is slow and they don't have the menu for us to pick just like yo-yo ice. And the food? Oh well.. not up to my expectation, the porridge is not hot, the source is too sweet, but their "har gao" got fresh prawn and one of the waiter (the only Chinese) gave us good service. What I'm disappointed is that they don't have toilet available inside the premise.
well.. to focus on the good side, as least the "har gao" is nice :D

Comments

It's the source of the sauce
That determines its sweetness
With food served in the right course
You'll enjoy its completeness

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng -130208
http://MotivationInMotion.blolgspot.com
http://msi.Rocky101.com
Wed. 13th Feb. 2008.
Anonymous said…
Hi Hannie!
I'd like to hear more about your thoughts concerning "The Secret" --- and please tell me, what do you mean by a "long distance husband" and "technically a single mom."
Keep Bloggin'
Dave

Ps - I like your style!