Out in Alamesra

Ok, I don't normally do that.. I mean going off elsewhere far away from my normal-within-5Km places for my lunch (and blog about the food that I had). Ya.. that's what I did yesterday, simply because I've to be there to get things for my brother. It is not a new place, it is just new for me to look for a place to eat. Ok, some of you may be wondering where the heck did I go by now.

I went to Alamesra yesterday. First, I saw 1Borneo on the opposite road, which might just be a grand place to be when it is all up.

As for Alamesra, it doesn't seems like it is done yet, I mean those flowers or road side plants are not blooming and some not even planted, and I still can see some works being done on the pathway. Most of the shops are still closed, and basically it is just way out of town.

After getting what I needed for my brother, I start hunting for a place to eat, a decent one, maybe one that have many people inside (which BTW is an indication that the food is nice.) However with the one way road system that they have in Alamesra, it would be hard to turn back to the same place again without having to go all the way out, so finally I decided to just try this place that I past by which seems a decent place enough to sit down and enjoy my lunch.
Being the not so adventurous self, I went in with curiosity and also questioning how good the food would be.Found a place to sit which BTW, I don't have many choices, as it is really a rather small shop with really limited seats. But I saw some smokers in one table, so avoiding to smell like smoke later, I sat in a save distance away table.

The waitress was fast in giving me the menu which was even before I found the seat. A look at the menu and I was impressed by its colourful pictures. So I quickly get out my phone to snap yummy2 menusome photos. (A digicam during this time would be too obvious)After only 2 snaps, the waitress was back again for my order. So I've pointed on the menu, "Honey chicken rice". Unfortunately it is not available, but why it is there in the menu on the first place? There is no sign saying that it is out of order or "we only have this and that today" thing. Then the waitress pointed the menu board behind the cashier, there.. those were the things that they are serving today. (Then don’t give me this menu la.. pointless.)



So I saw this "Chicken marinated rice", what the heck is that? It sounds like the rice is being marinated by chicken. I thought maybe it is “Ayam kicap” = marinated chicken. And THAT is exactly what is it. Then came to the part where I need to order my drink, when I turn back the menu, then only I realised there is no price on the drinks! NO PRICE???! Later I found out that the waitress is coming with a list of prices for the drinks, the type that you'll find in Yo-Yo ice (with Chinese).

I saw this Sumiyaki coffee, first time ever seeing that and keep on wondering what is it, a look at the Chinese character: 炭燒咖啡 (Charcoal preserved coffee?) then only I've got a bit of idea. Order that and requested for the price list, just want to take a close look at it.The drinks are from RM3 - RM4, which by the way are all cold drinks. Only after I got my coffee then I realised I've order a cold drink, was expecting my hot coffee *sigh*

The rice came in a nice setting. The marinated chicken taste ok, not salty enough for me. The rice.. oh well.. it taste like overnight rice 'cos some has dried up. So I didn't finished the whole plate even when I was hungry, just can't put myself in finishing this "overnight" rice.
Later while I was keying in things in my phone then the tauke-nyong (with a real 4-month-old baby on her arms) came over and ask "How is the food?". Dare you ask me!? Ok, I just told her frankly and bluntly that the rice taste like "overnight" rice. She looked stunned and couldn't speak for a little while. Then talked in a surprising voice claiming that there are people telling her that they tasted very nice. Oh well.. that is definitely not this customer that she is talked to. (Probably this is the 1st bad comment that she got. When I thought about it later, maybe I could have talked in a more gentle way.. but too late already.)


She even asked where I came from and where I work. What? Like you are going to hunt me down for giving you a bad comment? Or people outside from that area don’t go there to eat?
Ok, better finished up my drink and take another few snap and make myself disappear. I know it would be impossible to snap more photos without having them staring at me.. so I took some without being obvious, paid the bill and back to my office.The impressive menu is actually done in Hong Kong, that is according to the tauke-nyong. And about how I know the baby is 4-month-old, well.. she told me that. A rather friendly tauke-nyong, or probably she is worried what I would tell my friend about her restaurant.

Ok, folks, just go try out this new place in Alamesra call Yummy Yummy, it is facing the road, so you’ll be able to see it from the roadside.
Good or not, let you be the judge, she might have changed the type of rice as she claims that she doesn’t know what type of rice to choose. But hey, don’t you just use those that you like to eat and put it in your menu? I would.

Oh, another thing, have you heard of "Frothy Coffee"? 泡沫咖啡?

Comments