Back and about Pan's Labyrinth

Have got back almost a week now and have since been busy with work, blogging and getting my two boys to gain back their weight. They have loose weight from the look of it, not sure how much. I'm glad that we are back 'cos really I'm not a mom who knows how to feed my kids well enough and I find it hard to get them finished off their food or find interest in what I cook. It is sometimes due to the authoritative figure that I've portrait out to them, it just doesn't work most of the time. In other places like school and babysitter place, they are much better, more obedient. Just maybe they have taken for granted mommy is always there for them and mommy is their refuge.

Enough of that beefing stuff, let me share what I've just viewed yesterday: Pan's Labyrinth. A Spanish movie about a little girl who found a mysterious labyrinth near to her new home. The story set in Spain 1944, 5 years past the civil war. She has to set forth to find out if Pan, the labyrinth guardian who is a strange magical and demonic creature, told her is true. That she is the princess who long ago disappeared from an enchanted realm.

The movie has 6 Academy Award nominations! Which are: Best original screenplay, best cinematography, best original score, best foreign language film, best makeup and best art direction. With all these nominations, it is a mush see from me.

No worried that it is in Spanish, there is definitely subtitle available but please .. it has been rated 18++ PL (with combination of two or more elements). Really not suitable for kids, it might scared them till they don't want to get to bed at night.
Watch it if you don't mind about cruel killing by only one shot from soldier and not expecting a good ending.

Comments