Making cupcake

I love baking actually and I've tried it years ago.. ya.. years ago, love baking and yet haven't been doing it now a days. Well.. mainly because I don't have the time, and further more, things that are bake are mostly consider "heaty" for us in the Chinese term. So I can't let the kid eat the end result right away especially when they are still warm. But those that I've made are better taste when they are warm. So sad huh..

I've actually bake cookies, chocolate cake, sponge cake, muffins/cupcake and cheesecake. Ya, that many different types. I remember when my grandpa was still around, his comment was "100 times you bake, and 100 different flavour you have." I took that as a compliment, but in fact, what he meant was I wasn't being consistence in my baking skill.

Last night, Cal was telling me on how to make cup cake! A 5 year old telling me how to bake!?
Well, at least it shows what interest him. When I ask where did he learnt that, he said "TV!"
Ok, alright, if that is where he learns it, I doubt that he'll know exactly what to do. He was even wanted to bake it this morning. Sounds so easy for him and since the TV doesn't show the exact time on how long it has been in the oven, Cal won't know how long that would be from just telling him the time. That's why he thought he can do it in a nick of time.

After some nagging from him and after all I do want to try how fun it could be to bake with kids, so I promised him that we are going to do that this weekend. Let's just hope this will let him know exactly how is it to bake things by using the oven. Keep my finger cross that the cake or whatever that I decided to bake will be whatever it should be.

Comments

Agnes CF Lee said…
Hey wonder whether you made any cupcakes or not over the weekend. my girl also nag me to bake cake & she wanna "help" too..