Misbehaving or not being understood?

Yesterday I had an unpleasant time.
Let me start from the beginning. In the morning after getting almost everything done, i.e. laundry and packing things for the kids.I was enthusiastic in going to church to meet all my friends there after all these while that I've been missing church service.
I was worried how the kids would behave and praying that we'll have a great time there drawing near to God.
They were as excited as me. Getting there and seeing some of my friends were even better since there has been some times that I haven't met most of them. And I was the early one to get there too. So I had some times saying hello to friends. Cal keep on pulling me here and there to discover the place once again (since this wasn't the first time being in that premise). There were even an usher who thought that I were new there, so she welcomed me with a brochure, a treat that I haven't been enjoying all this while.
The setting of the service area wasn't that formal compare to the old church building. The place is carpeted and only few rows of chairs were available.
When the service started with singing praises. My two boys already warm up to the place and they started to run around the empty behind. In order to be able to watch over them, I moved myself to the end of the wall. Basically they were just running around with minimal noises compare to the life music that we had in there. To me it is totally fine as long as they don't start shouting or screaming and really disturbing others like climbing up the chairs.
For some times, I just let them like that 'cos the more I control them, the more they'll become restless. However this welcoming-me-in-usher came over and told me to stop them from running! Em.. I can't actually. And she even suggested me to let them run outside. But outside? Meaning I'll have to leave the place and would it be safer to do that whereby they can just open the door and run out to the road? So I just ignore and try to control them. I was still able to jot down some notes from the speaker by his slides show.
One part where there were a few shouts let out from Mer, then there were a teenage girl with short pants (doesn't she felt cold with the air-con?)came over and asked me if I know there is a nursery out there. Well.. maybe I have been rude and I've finished the sentence for her.
Till the part where my boys were really making noise, I packed up and went to check out the nursery room.
The short pants girl were out there and gave me that look sort of disapproval.
Feeling disappointed with the condition of the nursery room, with no carpet, far away from the service room, with only speakers to listen to the sermon, can't even see the real speaker, I went off. Off to have our enjoyable time elsewhere.
At first my thought was, maybe I should just stop going there and asking myself if really my boys were noisy? Were I just a bad mom after all? I felt really terrible having someone came over to tell me there is a nursery room available and look at me in one kind. Maybe I was just being over sensitive here. I don't know. I just felt that they are not really being understanding and not welcoming us.
I tell myself that I'll try again next week, after all my intention is to be able to join the service again.

Enough about that. I wanna talk about some happy things. I've got myself a new quilt cover! Yay! From Aussino during their sales last week.
A king size quilt cover for RM45! I love the pattern.
Yay! Be Inspire!
My kids absolutely love it! Though they seldom want anything on them, not even the blanket at times, but I still have the blankets over them 'cos IT IS cold at night, well.. not as cold at in China now. Still I love the feel of a nice beautiful quilt on me *grin*

Comments

Jewelle said…
I am very sure that being a BAD mom is something you should never worry about.

It's too bad that the folks were so uptight about it too. Well, their loss.
Ratu Syura said…
I can understand if they think you and your boys were being inconsiderate but they should have approached you in a polite manner instead.. I'm sure you're a great mom.. Don't worry about it! :D
Hannie C said…
Thank you for the vote of confident and encouragement. Will try and just be a good mom..