my eyes

After all this while that I've been enjoying my 20/20 eyesight, let me just share with you what happened before my LASIK operation.

I used to woke up looking blur and then straight away look for my glasses which I kept nearby on the table. I used to wear contact lenses just so I don't need to without those blurry glasses during a hot meal with soup. If I was wearing my lenses the whole day, then I'll get dry eyes and have to take them off right when I got home from work. I used to get red eye due to the lenses irritation.

I have also lost a few glasses because I sat on them without knowing, there were also those that being pulled apart by my son. Basically I don't like to wear glasses. I used to think that it is cool to have glasses on, maybe I'll look for intellectual on them, so I thought.

Then I heard about LASIK from friends, and highly recommended by my colleague. I did some search in the Internet then found out that the NASA and US military personal gone to have their eye treated and they get perfect vision. So if they can do it, why not me, right?

After much encouragement from my colleague and the desire to have clear vision when I get up every morning, I went for my LASIK treatment more than a year ago. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It didn't hurt because my eyes has been dripped with painkiller before that. The whole process is actually very fast, only right after the operation that I need to lay down and have my eyes shut for an hour as they let out lots of tears.

The doctor just need to create a corneal flap on my eye's, treat it with laser to correct the vision then close back the flap. Now with advancement, iLASIK is even better than LASIK because the flap cutting part is done by laser with precision, thus the result also mush safer and accurate then LASIK.

After the operation, I was required to wear sun glasses and not to rub my eyes vigorously. I was also being prescribed with pain killer and also some eye drop for them to heal. Going back for check up on the vision is a must to get to know how well my eyes recover and also what vision I have after that.

You can have more LASIK information on many sites and with the LASIK technology now a day, I can assure you that it will worth to go for it if you are wearing a thick glasses now.

Post?slot_id=

Comments

Anonymous said…
My friend suffered from severe dry eyes after Lasik and after all the negative factors I decided against it and stuck with Oasys contacts which feel much better than average ones. I recommend everyone read carefully on Lasik before deciding on the procedure and here is a good source http://www.eyecaresource.com/procedures/lasik-laser-eye-surgery/
Hannie C said…
Thank you for your comment Jeani.
Well, first off LASIK is older technology of iLASIK. During the eye test for the thickness of the cornea, you've to pass that one first before going further, the experience doctor should be able to tell you if you are qualify for the treatment. Mine is totally fine and same goes to those that I know and I still highly recommend you go for the eye test to see if you are qualify for that. I've done it in OPTIMAX ;)
mborrero said…
Glad you feel it was right for you,
Hannie C said…
Thanks Ginger. Yupe. and I'm glad that it turns out terrific too. :D